Propitiation – is an act of appeasing God.
As far as God is concerned He has already made up his mind, i.e. that we should be punished for our sins. His ruling for each and everyone of us, is that “…we’re all under sin…there is none righteous, no, not one.” Rom 3:10-11, and therefore we should perish and the penalty is eternal damnation or eternal punishment in hell.
As far as he’s concerned he has declared us guilty; “…all gone out of the way…unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” Romans 3:12
He looks and sees in everyone of us condemned convicts, hypocrites, and in his sight all of us are dishonest people and sinners. “Well, then, are we Jews better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all men alike are sinners, whether Jews or Gentiles.” Romans 3:9
No one is good-no one in all the world is innocent. “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” Romans 3:18
Now if we’re to be saved it’s not going to be on our terms. Nothing we can do can ever change his mind. The terms and conditions are his – Jesus! There is no much choice; he provided in his son the only way we can be saved.
We can only be “…justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say , at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” Romans 3:24-26
That’s the only way my friend there is no other. That’s the reason why “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me ” (John 14:6). “He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” 1 John 2:2
It is important that you believe that Jesus is that Christ, the Son of God. For if you believe and testify to this truth of all that he did for us at the cross you will be saved. You’ve no choice but “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” 1 John 4:10
God Himself has provided the only means through which His wrath can be appeased and that sinful man can be reconciled to Him. “For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.” Revelation 7:17
Receive abundance of grace
Through God’s mercy Jesus Christ brought us forgiveness; he took away all our sins, free of charge, and he then gave us life in abundance.
The grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
– The greatest thing he did was to reconcile us with God.
Now that we are his friends and he is living within us, here are some of the blessings he gave us free;
Salvation, God’s forgiveness
– we shall be saved from wrath through him, Rom 5:9
– we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, Rom 5:10
– we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement, Rom 5:11
– being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him, Rom 5:9
– we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, Rom 5:1
– we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have received the atonement, Rom 5:11
we…rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Rom 5:2
– the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us, Rom 5:5
– we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, Rom 5:2
– we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope, Rom 5:3-4
“For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.” Romans 5:6
– even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord, Rom 5:21