- The Quality of the river, Ps 36:8
- The Quantity of the river, Ezk 47:3-5
Both the quality and quantity of the river speak of the Holy Spirit.
The Quality of the river
The quality of the Spirit is He’s Holy and also is a person.
The spirit flows, proceeding both from the Faether and the Son,(Rev 22).
- Rom 8:14, be led by the Spirit, he gives assurance, he bears witness
- Eph 2:14 the spirit is indispensable, he does not cease quality
- Eph 3:5 he revealeth
The quantity of the river
- he giveth not the spirit by measure.
Eph 5:18 there is one baptism of the Holy Spirit but many fillings.
Eph 1:19 the exceeding greatness of his power, dunamis, dynamite and dynamic is to us ward.
A pure river of water of life
“And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.And I John saw these things, and heard them…” Revelation 22:6-8
1. A pure river of the water of life, clear as crystal, proceeds out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
– those who minister should deliver it just as pure, crystal clear and undiluted.
2. On either side of the river there was the tree of life; which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations
That’s what church should be, it’s supposed to draw it’s power from the throne of God and pass it on to you so that you be as those trees which bare fruit, “and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”
- there shall be no more curse
- the throne of God and of the lamb shall be in it, and his servants shall serve him
- they shall see his face, and
- his name shall be in their foreheads
- there shall be no night neither light of the sun, for the Lord God giveth them light, and they shall reign forever and ever.
These sayings are faithful and true;
– we’ve been sent to declare these things;
to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
He said, “Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.” Revelation 22:7
– keep it undiluted, and do it
John said, “…And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.” Revelation 22:8
See you do it not, do not worship angels
– but keep the sayings of this book: worship God!
Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. Revelation 22:10
– Don’t hear and then add your own vs 18
– also don’t take away, vs 19
“…Blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book Revelation 22:7
– “…behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” Revelation 22:12
“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.” Revelation 22:14
The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17
– “He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” Revelation 22:20