“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9 KJV
What is the promise?
- the promise of his coming!
“Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?” 2 Peter 3:12
Apostle Paul said, “beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing;”
- heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men, (2 Peter 3:13).
What’s going to happen?
- the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, 2 Peter 3:10
- heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and
- the heavenly bodies will disappear in fire, and
- the earth and everything on it will be burned up.
“Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” 2 Peter 3:13