“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.” Revelation 14:1
The 144,000 still confuse many believers but who are they?
We first hear about them in Revelation 7:3, the Angel “saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.”
Note – “there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.”
In Chapter 14 we are told what seal it was, and the reason why they were sealed.
- “And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.” Revelation 14:1
- the reason why they were sealed;
“These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.  And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.” (Revelation 14:4-5). They didn’t have to go through the great tribulation, unlike those mentioned below.
A great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, (Israel included) and kindreds, and people, and tongues, which stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands – “These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (ref. Rev 7:9,14).
What’s the message here concerning The Lamb and the 144,000 saints? In 1 Corinthians 6:2 -3 Paul says,
“Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?…Know ye not that we shall judge angels?…”
The Proclamations of the Three Angels
The First Angel
“And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people” Revelation 14:6
This was the message of the everlasting gospel;
- Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come, (vs 7).
- Worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters, (vs 7).
This is the whole duty of man – Fear God, and give glory to him or worship him; for the hour of his judgment is come! Remember in Revelation 10:11 the Angel instructs John to go preach again, it’s like he’s saying, this time do it right! “Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.”
The Second Angel
“And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.” Revelation 14:8
The Third Angel
“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,  The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.” Revelation 14:9-10
“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.” Revelation 14:12
What this means is, Christians don’t need to worry, “For Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them,” vs 13
Reaping the Earth’s Harvest
“And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.” Revelation 14:14
- Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe, vs 15
- He that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped, vs 16
Reaping the Grapes of Wrath
“And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.” Revelation 14:17
- Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe, vs 18
- And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God, vs 19
- And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs, vs 20
Read also about The seal of the Living God