“Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.” Philippians 4:9
Here is how you experience God’s peace; when you put into practice what you learn concerning him; all that you hear, see or realise of him – do it. Romans 2:13 says, “For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.”
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8
Think on these things; meaning fill your minds by meditating on things that are true, pure, lovely, good, etc. Put into practice what you learn and the God of peace will be with you.
Let me recap, the God of peace will be with you if and when you;
- fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right,
- think about things that are pure and lovely, and appreciate the good things others do,
- think about all you can praise God for and be glad about,
- keep putting into practice all you learn,
- always are full of joy in the Lord, “and again I say, Rejoice.”
- don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything
- tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.
“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7
What makes me happiest is the well-earned reward you will have because of your kindness, Philippians 4:17