“For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.” 1 Timothy 6:10-11 KJV
O man of God, flee these things;
- envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings, foolish and hurtful lusts, covetousness, and the love of money.
“But godliness with contentment is great gain.” 1 Timothy 6:6
Do you want to be truly rich? You already are if you;
- follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness, vs 11
- are happy and content with the food and clothing you already have, vs 8
“I give thee charge in the sight of God…that thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Timothy 6:13-14
- be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy, vs 17
- do good…be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate, vs 18
- lay hold on eternal life, vs 19
“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.” 1 Timothy 6:20-21
Some may deny these things, but they are the sound, wholesome teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ and are the foundation for a godly life.