“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.” Ephesians 1:3 – 4
In this Chapter, Ephesians 1, what quickly attracted me is this phrase
“According to” It is repeated 6 times and it simply means;
- in agreement or according to his judgment.
- consistent with; in conformity with:
- on the authority of
- in proportion to:
- in a manner corresponding to
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.”
That grace and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ is;
1. According as he hath chosen us in him, Ephesians 1:4
- that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.
2. According to the good pleasure of his will, Ephesians 1:5
- He adopted us into his own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us.
3. According to the riches of his grace, Ephesians 1:7
- He made us accepted in the Beloved.
4. According to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself, Ephesians 1: 9
- He made known to us the mystery of His will
5. According to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will, Ephesians 1:11
- we have obtained an inheritance of saints, “that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.” Ephesians 1:12
6. According to the working of his mighty power, Ephesians 1:19
- we’ve an exceeding greatness of His power
I like this also he says in Chapter 2, and I’ll comment on it later, stay with me.
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:4-9