What about the coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to meet him?
Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, vs 2
Dear brothers, don’t believe rumours, visions or any special messages that you hear that this day of the Lord has already begun.
“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Two things will happen first before that day of the Lord comes;
1. there will be a time of falling away
- a great rebellion against God
2. the man of sin, the son of perdition, that Wicked whose coming is after the working of Satan will be revealed
- He will defy everything about God and tear down every object of adoration and worship, vs 4
- He will go in and sit as God in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God, vs 4
- This man of sin will come as Satan’s tool, with all power and signs and lying wonders, vs 9
- He will completely fool those who are on their way to hell because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved, vs 10
- for this reason God will allow them to believe lies with all their hearts, and all of them will be justly judged for believing falsehood, refusing the Truth, and enjoying their sins vs 11-12
Continue reading>>> The day of the Lord