Home » Posts tagged 'Spirits of God'
Tag Archives: Spirits of God
The seven Spirits of God are mentioned four times in the Book of Revelation; and all mentioned during His address to the Churches.
- “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne.” Revelation 1:4
- “And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.” Revelation 3:1
- “And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.” Revelation 4:5
- “And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.” Revelation 5:6
Amidst the Church stands He that is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent – the lamb that was slain, he has seven horns and seven eyes, “which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.”
Isaiah 11:2-4 says,
“And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord ; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord : and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
It’s Jesus who has the seven Spirits of God in his hand, the spirit of the Lord resteth upon him, “and he giveth it to whomsoever he will.”
James 1:5 says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” and chapter 4:6 also says, “But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.”
- the Spirit of the Lord,
- the Spirit of wisdom,
- the Spirit of understanding,
- the Spirit of counsel,
- the Spirit of might,
- the Spirit of knowledge
- the Spirit of fear of the LORD
The fruit of the Spirit
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
For us to reflect in our lives these seven spirits of God, the Holy Spirit has to manifest through these graces;
- insight (prophecy);
- helpfulness (service or ministry);
- instruction (teaching); encouragement;
- generosity (giving);
- guidance (leadership); and compassion.
“Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;  Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.  Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.  Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;  Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;  Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.” Romans 12:6-13
Ephesians 5:8-10 says,
“For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”