Home » Posts tagged 'Son'
Tag Archives: Son
Titles that are given to Christ on his appearance to John
1. Alpha and Omega
“…I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last…” Revelation 1:11
2. Son of man
“And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.” Revelation 1:13
3. The First and the Last
“And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last.” Revelation 1:17
He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, and walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks, (ch. 1:13, ch. 1:16, 2:1).
4. He that holds the stars in his right hand
– We are under his special care and protection.
– He walks in the midst of the golden candlesticks. (Christ walks in the midst of his churches on earth).
5. He that was dead and is alive, (ch. 1:18)
6. One that hath the sharp sword with two edges (ch. 1:16 ),
– out of whose mouth went a sharp two-edged sword.
– one that held the stars in his hand, and walked in the midst of the golden candlesticks.
The word of God is a sword;
– it is a weapon both offensive and defensive
– It is a sharp sword
– it can divide asunder between the soul and the spirit,
– It is a sword with two edges; it turns and cuts every way
7. The Son of God,
– his eyes are like a flame of fire, and his feet like as fine brass,
– the eternal and only-begotten Son of God
– his eyes are like a flame of fire, signifying his piercing, penetrating, perfect knowledge, (v. 23),
– his feet are like fine brass; steady, awful, all pure and holy.
– As he judges with perfect wisdom, so he acts with perfect strength and steadiness.
8. He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars, Revelation 3:1
9. He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David,
He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth, Revelation 3:7
10. The Amen, the faithful and true witness,
11. The beginning of the creation of God, Revelation 3:14