Home » Posts tagged 'Obey'
Tag Archives: Obey
Romans Chapter 6
God is satisfied or appeased of your guilt if you are born again. He lets you off to receive abundance of grace which he promised to all those who believe.
Through God’s redemption plan, Jesus Christ; he brought you forgiveness; he took away all your sins, free of charge, and he gave you life in abundantly.
The greatest thing he did for us was to reconcile us with God, and in Romans 5 we saw some of the blessings he gave us free, you didn’t have to do anything;
God’s forgiveness, Salvation, Reconciliation, Atonement, Justification, Peace, Joy, Hope, Holy Ghost, Access, Victory, Godliness, Eternal Life, etc, all this was free!
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” Romans 5:1-2
Newness of Life!
Romans 6:1 – 2 says, “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?”
Few points that I want you to know;
Our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed , Rom 6:6
- that part of you that loves to sin was nailed to the cross with Christ,
- your old evil desires were also destroyed ;
- your sin-loving body is no longer active and no longer in control.
We’re dead to sin, Rom 6:2
- you’re now a part of the resurrected Christ; through his death the power of your sinful nature was destroyed.
Walk in newness of life, Rom 6:4
- you were given his wonderful new life to enjoy.
“Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:11
Always remember, “faith without works is dead,” so here is what you should do to cooperate with God;
1. Do not let sin control you anymore
- “Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.” Romans 6:12
- never give-in to sinful desires
2. Do not let your body become an instrument of unrighteousness
- “yield ye not your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.” Romans 6:13
3. Always side with God
- yield yourselves servants to obey God only, and you’ll only be servants of righteousness , Rom 6: 16, 22
4. Now know you have a new master, righteousness, Rom 6: 18
- yield all your members servants to righteousness unto holiness, Rom 6: 19
7. Obey God
Yielding ourselves to obey sin will lead us to an eternal separation with God. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23