Home » Posts tagged 'Horses'
Tag Archives: Horses
The Lamb, Christ opened the first seal and John looked and saw;
1. A white horse. (vs 2)
Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed upon his head; he rode out to conquer in many battles and win the war.
– a time of peace, progress and victory and success in every way, be it in evangelism, everything going as intended. This could be the period we’re in now – who knows? Because all seems like.
2. A Red horse. (vs 4)
Times of desolation, judgment, war and persecution.
– All happening to “…take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another…”
3. A black horse (vs 5)
– woe, mourning and darkness and ignorance. “For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.” Isaiah 60:2
He that sat on it had a pair of balances in his hand meaning;
– the knowledge and practice of true religion will become scarce.
– famine of the word of God and of true religion
– the necessaries of life will be at excessive prices, and more costly.
4. A Pale horse (vs 8)
The rider was Death, the king of terrors.
– This is the moment when whatever, may tend to make life happy is destroyed.
– when the mystery of iniquity is completed, and its power extended both over the lives and consciences of men.
All of the above are the instruments of God’s anger, or judgments upon the disobedience of mankind: all public calamities are at his command; they only go forth when God sends them, and no further than he permits. God gave them power.
It is not clear which season we are now, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Best way rather is to stay ready for we know not the time…