Home » Posts tagged 'Doer'
Tag Archives: Doer
“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:21-22 KJV
A doer of the work
- looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein
- is not a forgetful hearer
- if he lacks wisdom, “let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5
- is patient, you “let patience have her perfect work” James 1:4
- is not double minded, but is stable in all his ways and enduring temptation
- is spiritually alert; “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” James 1:13). Do not err!
- is swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, James 1:19
“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:  If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.” James 1:19,26-27