Home » Posts tagged 'Death'
Tag Archives: Death
“For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.” 1 Thessalonians 5:2 KJV
When is all this going to happen?
That day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. When people are saying; Peace and safety; “then sudden destruction cometh upon them,” 1 Thessalonians 5:3
Believers won’t be surprised
But, you are not in the dark about these things, you won’t be surprised when that day of the Lord comes. “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.” 1 Thessalonians 5:9 -10
- he died for us so that we can live with him forever, whether we are dead or alive at the time of his return.
However let us not sleep, as others do; but let us be on guard.
“But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.” 1 Thessalonians 5:8
Be protected; “…walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” Thessalonians 2:12
- warn them that are unruly, 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- comfort the feebleminded, 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- support the weak, 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- be patient toward all men, 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- See that none render evil for evil unto any man, 1 Thessalonians 5:15
- follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men, 1 Thessalonians 5:15
- Rejoice evermore, 1 Thessalonians 5:16
- Pray without ceasing, 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you, 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Quench not the Spirit, 1 Thessalonians 5:19
- Despise not prophesyings, 1 Thessalonians 5:20
- Prove all things; hold fast that which is good, 1 Thessalonians 5:21
- Abstain from all appearance of evil, 1 Thessalonians 5:23
About those who fall in death?
“But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.” 1 Thessalonians 4:13
- we who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves, 1 Thessalonians 4:15
- the believers who are dead will be the first to rise to meet the Lord, 1 Thessalonians 4:16
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord, 1 Thessalonians 4:17
“Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:18