Home » Posts tagged 'Boasting'
Tag Archives: Boasting
Read 2 Corinthians 12
Paul says I’m happy to know that God is with me; that is all I need – to be a living demonstration of Christ’s power. With that in mind; “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me,” 2 Corinthians 12:9. Than to glory in visions and revelations.
“Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10
Conditions like these helps you depend on God, “for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
However, even materially he’s saying I don’t want your money, I want you!
“And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved.” 2 Corinthians 12:15
- I’ve not been crafty, taking advantage of you by any of those whom I sent to you, 2 Corinthians 12:17
- I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you, vs 14
- we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying, vs 19
- same steps, and same spirit, vs 18
- This boasting is all so foolish
“For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be , or that he heareth of me.  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.” 2 Corinthians 12:6-7
- yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities.