Home » Posts tagged 'Angels'
Tag Archives: Angels
“Then the seven angels with the seven trumpets prepared to blow their mighty blasts.” Revelation 8:6
God’s wrath is here!
As horrible as the seal judgments were, the trumpet judgments will be worse. The first 4 announce destruction of earth’s ecology, while the final 3 concerns great devastation of the earth’s inhabitants.
The first angel blew his trumpet
“The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.” Revelation 8:7
- Hail and fire mixed with blood were thrown down upon the earth.
- One-third of the earth was set on fire
- One-third of the trees were burned, and all the green grass.
The second angel blew his trumpet
“And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.” Revelation 8:8-9
- what appeared to be a huge burning mountain was thrown into the sea, destroying a third of all the ships
- a third of the sea turned red as blood; a and a third of the fish were killed
The third angel blew his trumpet
“And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.” Revelation 8:10-11
- a great flaming star fell from heaven upon a third of the rivers and springs.
- The star was called “Wormwood” or “Bitterness” because it poisoned a third of all the water on the earth and many people died.
The fourth angel blew his trumpet
“And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.” Revelation 8:12
- a third of the sun was blighted and darkened, and
- a third of the moon and the stars so that the daylight was dimmed by a third, and the nighttime darkness deepened.
“And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!” Revelation 8:13
Tribulation has two stages, rather three, (that of the Dragon, the Creature, and his False Prophet).
1. Stage one of Tribulation
- The 4 horsemen and the Seal judgments
2. Stage 2 is what is The Great Tribulation
- The Trumpet and Vial (Bowl), judgments containing God’s wrath
In the first period of the Tribulation the earth faces the wrath of the Antichrist; now it will begin to feel the wrath of God Almighty.
The fifth angel blew his trumpet – woe 1
“And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.” Revelation 9:1-2
When he blew it,
- Smoke poured out as though from some huge furnace, and the sun and air were darkened by the smoke.
- Locusts came from the smoke and descended onto the earth and were given power to sting like scorpions.
- They were told not to hurt the grass or plants or trees, but to attack those people who did not have the mark of God on their foreheads.
- They were not to kill them, but to torture them for five months with agony like the pain of scorpion stings.
- In those days men will try to kill themselves but won’t be able to – death will not come. They will long to die – but death will flee away!
The sixth angel blew his trumpet – woe 2
“And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.” Revelation 9:13-15
When he blew it,
- The four mighty demons were released, they were turned loose to kill a third of all mankind.
- They led an army of 200,000,000 warriors
- Their power of death (their horses) was not only in their mouths, but in their tails as well, for their tails were similar to serpents’ heads that struck and bit with fatal wounds.
“And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.” Revelation 9:20-21
The Two Witnesses
“These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.” Revelation 11:4
- Prophesy 1,260 days clothed in sackcloth, vs 3
- have power to shut the skies so that no rain will fall during the three and a half years they prophesy, and to turn rivers and oceans to blood, and to send every kind of plague upon the earth as often as they wish, vs 6
- Anyone trying to harm them will be killed by bursts of fire shooting from their mouths, vs 5
- When they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them, vs 7
- Their bodies will be exposed in the streets of Jerusalem or three and a half days, vs 8
- People everywhere will rejoice and give presents to each other and throw parties to celebrate the death of the two prophets who had tormented them so much, vs 10
- After three and a half days, the spirit of life from God will enter them, and they will stand up!, vs 11
- They will rise to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watch, vs 12
- The same hour there will be a terrible earthquake that levels a tenth of the city, Jerusalem leaving 7,000 dead, vs 13
- Then everyone left will, in their terror, give glory to the God of heaven, vs 13
The seventh angel blew his trumpet – Woe 3
“And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.” Revelation 11:15
- The Lord God Almighty will take back the power and begin to reign, vs 17
- it’s his turn to be angry with the nations, and His time to judge the dead and reward his servants the prophets, “and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.”
The Vial Judgments
“And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.  And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.  And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever. And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. Revelation 15:1,6-7; 16:1
First Vial: Loathsome Sores
“And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.” Revelation 16:2
- The first vial is poured out on the earth.
Second Vial: The Sea Turns to Blood
“And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man : and every living soul died in the sea.” Revelation 16:3
- The second vial is poured out on the sea
Third Vial: The Waters Turn to Blood
“And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.” Revelation 16:4
- The third vial is poured out on the rivers
- the blood of saints and prophets is avenged, vs 6
Fourth Vial: Men Are Scorched
“And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.” Revelation 16:8
- The fourth vial is poured out on the sun
- Everyone was burned by this blast of heat, and they cursed the name of God who sent the plagues-they did not change their mind and attitude to give him glory, vs 9
Fifth Vial: Darkness and Pain
“And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,” Revelation 16:10
- The fifth vial is poured out on the seat of the Beast
- They cursed God because of their pains and sores, but they refused to repent of all their evil deeds, vs 11
Sixth Vial: Euphrates Dried Up
“And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.” Revelation 16:12
- The sixth vial is poured out on the river Euphrates,
- Three evil spirits disguised as frogs leap from the mouth of the Dragon, the Creature, and his False Prophet, vs 13
- These demons conferred with all the rulers of the world to gather them for battle against the Lord on that great coming Judgment Day of God Almighty, vs 14
- They gathered all the armies of the world near a place called, in Hebrew, Armageddon-the Mountain of Megiddo, vs 16
“Take note: I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are awaiting me, who keep their robes in readiness and will not need to walk naked and ashamed.” Revelation 16:15
Seventh Vial: The Earth Utterly Shaken
“And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.” Revelation 16:17
- The seventh vial is poured out on the air,
- There were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great, vs 18
- The great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath, vs 19
- The islands vanished, and mountains flattened out, vs 20
- There was an incredible hailstorm from heaven; hailstones weighing a hundred pounds fell from the sky onto the people below, and they cursed God because of the terrible hail, vs 21