“…Why seek ye the living among the dead?” Luke 24:5
You do it when foolish or you’re slow-hearted to believe.
What that means to be foolish;
– foolish means you lack good judgement, and slow-hearted means you find it hard to adhere to, trust, rely on, come to terms with or believe.
Faith isn’t that complex, what you need do sometimes is to just follow, or remember!
Remember what he told you;
Vs 6, “…remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee…”
– meaning “He is not here, but is risen…”
When you’ve remembered, then do according to how he spoke.
When you do that! You instead find it easy where others find it hard to adhere to, trust, rely on or believe.
Jesus said to the two who were going to Emmaus, “You seem to be in a deep discussion about something, What are you so concerned about?” Luke 24:17
Do you find, some Christians also do the same? Always they seem to be caught up in a deep discussion over something.
– and that they discuss, it’s something big and terrible, and they are sad.
– They take you for a stranger if you don’t join in.
The bible says the two women stood there puzzled, with sadness written across their faces, and when they found the Lord Jesus’ body was long gone, they were terrified.
Pursuing Christ religiously will terrify you big time. You will always be sad, puzzled and confused over something. That’s the deception of religion, you seem to have found the way, and before you’ve gone any far oops, the body is not inside!
Yes, “that huge stone covering the entrance had been rolled aside” but something is wrong, the body of the Lord Jesus isn’t inside.
It’s a sad thing for believers to lack good judgement. Just not right to not rely on the scriptures, and worse when you’re slow of heart to believe.
“Then he [Jesus] said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:  Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?” Luke 24:25-26
– Ought not Christ to have suffered?
– “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.” John 16:7
What did the two disciples say?
“And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?” Luke 24:32