“And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.” 2 Thessalonians 3:4-5 KJV
John said, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth,” (John 1:4). Walking in truth is putting into practice the things you’re taught.
May the Lord direct your heart into the love of God, into an ever deeper understanding of his will for you without any obstruction from us or any of those that preach.
- “…know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you.” 2 Thessalonians 3:7
- “…we never accepted food from anyone without buying it,” 2 Thessalonians 3:8
- we made that an example for “we wanted to show you firsthand how you should work for your living.” 2 Thessalonians 3:9
- “For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.” 2 Thessalonians 3:10
All men have not faith, but yourselves by now should know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you, neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you. But “we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.” 2 Thessalonians 3:11
How are they busybodies?
Busybodies are those who meddle, pry, interfere or bribe you. I pray that you be “…delivered from unreasonable and wicked men,” (2 Thessalonians 3:2). Wicked workers who for gain interfere with the delivery of Word of the Lord, preaching another gospel.
- “Did I make a gain of you by any of them whom I sent unto you?” 2 Corinthians 12:17
- “Did Titus make a gain of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps?” 2 Corinthians 12:18
Why is emphasis now made on tithes and offerings, and giving? 1 Thessalonians 4:3,6 says, “For this is the will of God, even your sanctification…that no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.”
We thank God the kingdom of God is being preached and many are drawing into it everywhere. But as it is preached to them, we pray that we will be saved out of the clutches of evil men, for not everyone loves the Lord. 2 Thessalonians 3:12 says, “Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.”
“And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.” 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15