“Once you were under God’s curse, doomed forever for your sins.” Ephesians 2:1
I would like to remind you of the grace of God, that it’s not long that we were just like all other people out there; under God’s anger, full of sin, obeying Satan, expressing evil and doing wicked things.
You may say sir, I didn’t do this, didn’t I? Ephesians 2:3 says, “…we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.”
Remember, not long we were Gentiles, were called the uncircumcision, and were without Christ, “…being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:12-13
By grace are ye saved
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works;
Psalm 118:23 says, “This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.”
God himself has made us who we are and there is a reason for it, that we should spend our lives in helping others; preaching hope, faith and love, etc, just as he himself has demonstrated to us.
Ephesians 4:4-6 says, “We are all parts of one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future. For us there is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and we all have the same God and Father who is over us all and in us all, and living through every part of us.”
We’re his workmanship in bringing about the following;
- he has broken down the middle wall of separation,
- he fused us together to become one new person, and at last there was peace
One Love – reconciliation
- our anger against each other has disappeared, for both of us have been reconciled to God,
- thereby putting to death the enmity.
- we both have access by one Spirit to the Father
- Now all of us, whether Jews or Gentiles, may come to God the Father with the Holy Spirit’s help because of what Christ has done for us
- We who believe are carefully joined together with Christ as parts of a beautiful, constantly growing temple for God
- you also are joined with him and with each other by the Spirit and are part of this dwelling place of God.