“O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?” Psalm 74:1
It’s not difficult to know God has rejected, abandoned or forsaken you. The question you should probably ask is Lord, how long for, when will it last – forever? The answer is again simple; for as long as it takes you to realise your fault, and confess it. Word of advice, don’t continue with unconfessed sins in your life, not for a day. Do not pretend things are normal when it’s not – each day pray, “…And forgive us our debts…” Matthew 6:12.
But why God have you cast us off for ever? why do your anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?
How would you know God’s anger is kindled against you?
- when your adversaries continue to scoff
- when the enemy revile the name of your God
- when God withdraws His hand to serve you,
- when the dark places of the land are full of the habitations of violence
- when enemies roar and have set up their own emblems for signs of victory
- when they have burned the Lord’s sanctuary to the ground in your life. They have profaned the dwelling place of the Lord’s name.
- when there is no longer any prophet [to guide you in truth], Nor does any among you know for how long.
“Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty. O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.” Psalm 74:20-21
O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?
Have respect unto the covenant, O Lord: Remember you said; “But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with thee.” Genesis 6:18