Biblical Signs of the End Times
“For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you dare not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.” Matthew 24: 5-8
We cannot know when the end will come, instead we are given definitive signs that foretell its coming. Let’s take a look at some:
- “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.”, Matthew 24:7
- “For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.” Matthew 24:24
- “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” Luke 21:25-26
- Earthquakes, “there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.” Matthew 24:6-7
- “But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.” 2 Timothy 3:1-4
- Tribulation, to be set off by an action of the Antichrist, (The 4 horsemen and the Seal judgments).
- The great Tribulation, (The Trumpet and Vial (Bowl), judgments containing God’s wrath) “For then there will be a Great Tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.” God’s wrath will be on the earth, the Beast will be revealed, and plagues and suffering will occur throughout the earth. This Tribulation could be also be a combined effect of all the other signs, a world torn by war, man’s inhumanitities, natural disasters, and heavenly disturbances would certainly qualify as a “tribulation.”
- Whatever you believe about this troubling times, keep your eyes open for it, and make sure your heart is prepared for the coming of Christ. This tribulation will conclude by the coming of the true Christ.
Jesus told us the importance of these signs when He said,
“When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.” Luke 21:30-33
You may also want to read this; The Trumpet Judgements